Landguard Pest Control offer –
- Fast Same Day Service – 7 days a week
- Fully Guaranteed Treatments
- Competitive Prices
- Fully Qualified & Insured Technicians
- Knowledge & Experience
Wasp nests can be found in lofts, garages, cavity walls, air vents, trees, bushes, sheds, holes in the ground and many other crack and crevices.
A single wasp sting may only be unpleasant for some people, but for others it can be deadly due to the risk of anaphylactic shock.
How to identify you have a Wasp Nest?
- Often a nest can not be seen, but you may notice a lot of wasp activity to and from a specific point.
- A lot of wasp activity in and around the property.
What should you do if you have a wasp problem?
We would advise to not try and treat or remove the active nest yourself. When wasps feel under threat they may become quite aggresive.
If the wasps are causing you, your family, employees or customers a problem call Landguard 24/7, we can provide safe and guaranteed treatments to resolve your wasp issue quickly.
Our fully trained technicians will use full PPE (Personnal Protective Equipment) and have access to the most effective products to ensure the wasps will not be a danger to you, your family or customers.
Using a range of equipment we are able to treat most wasp nests no matter how high or how hidden they are.
You do not need to remove the wasp nest to remove the wasps.
Not every wasp nest needs destroying – if the wasps are not causing a nusiance or endangering human health it may be preferable to leave it alone.
- Wasps are related to Bees And Ants.
- Social wasps build their ‘paper’ nests with wood fibres scraped by their hard mandibles and then chewed into a pulp.
- Most wasps live less than one year.
- Queen wasps live for several years.
- A wasps diet is made mainly from nectar, insects and spiders.
- Vespa Scooters are named after wasps – Vespa means ‘wasp’ in Italian.
What to do if you are stung …
- Wash the affected area with soap and water.
- Apply a cold compress (such as a flannel or cloth cooled with cold water) or an ice pack to any swelling for at least 10 minutes.
- Raise or elevate the affected area if possible, as this can help reduce swelling.
- Avoid scratching the area, to reduce the risk of infection.
- Avoid traditional home remedies, such as vinegar and bicarbonate of soda, as they’re unlikely to help.
- The pain, swelling and itchiness can sometimes last a few days. Ask your pharmacist about over-the-counter treatments that can help, such as painkillers, creams for itching and antihistamines.
When to get medical advice…
Contact your GP or call NHS 111 for advice if:
- You’re worried about a bite or sting
- Your symptoms don’t start to improve within a few days or are getting worse
- You’ve been stung or bitten in your mouth or throat, or near your eyes
- A large area (around 10cm or more) around the bite becomes red and swollen
- You have symptoms of a wound infection, such as pus or increasing pain, swelling or redness
- You have symptoms of a more widespread infection, such as a fever, swollen glands and other flu-like symptoms
When to get emergency medical help…
Dial 999 for an ambulance immediately if you or someone else has symptoms of a severe reaction, such as:
- Wheezing or difficulty breathing
- A swollen face, mouth or throat
- Nausea or vomiting
- A fast heart rate
- Dizziness or feeling faint
- Difficulty swallowing
- Loss of consciousness
Emergency treatment in hospital is needed in these cases.
*Information taken from NHS website.
“Priding ourselves on our commitment to provide a fast and professional service.”
Landguard Pest Control will –
- Book an appointment time to suit you
- Employ fully insured and qualified technicians
- Utilize professional products
- Fully guarantee wasp treatments
Flying insects form an incredibly diverse section of the natural world and have an important role to play in natural processes. However, like any pest species, when they intrude into our homes, business and enjoyment of outdoor areas there is often grounds for their control.