Mites belong to the same class as spiders – Arachinda. They are distinguised by having a body, thorax and head, all undivided, but do have 8 legs. They can range from a translucent white/pale grey right through to a dark red/brown.
How do Mites get in your home or business…?
- House Dust Mites – Often found living on mattresses feeding of tiny particles of dead skin – most houses will have these, even the cleanest of houses.
- Furniture Mite – Usually found on damp/old furniture.
- Flour Mite – These mites, as the name suggests favour food containing flour, such as cereals or pasta. Flour mite infestations are a serious problem for food storage facilities, in particular reference to bulk grain and animal feed.
- Bird Mites – If your home or business has been a nesting place for birds, these mites may find their way down in to your living space when the young have flown the nest and so will need a new food source – you.
- Red Spider Mite – Making their way into properties in spring time these mites look for places to lay eggs and then again in Autumn to hibernate.
- Scabies Mites – A problem for pets, these mites burrow in to skin, causing an irritating rash. Also known as Mange.
- Harvest Mites – Can be brought in to a property on animals or clothing.
How do you spot a Mite infestation?…
Mites often go unnoticed until there is an infestation, when this is the case you may see them in alarming numbers on work surfaces and walls.
What can you do?
If you suspect you have a mite infestation, calling a pest controller is highly recommended.
Landguard has access to restricted, professional products which will deal with Mites in a cost effective and long lasting manner. We will also give you some great advice on how to protect your property.
For a FREE no obligation quote – please call the team today.
Landguard Ltd will …
- Provide child and pet friendly solutions
- Book an appointment time to suit you
- Employ fully insured and qualified technicians
- Utilize professional products
- Prevent contamination and disease
- Safeguard your reputation
- Protect investments
- Help you meet your legal requirements