Fleas can cause us and our pets problems through itchy bites and their ability to spread disease. Controlling fleas in the home and work environment is essential for the physical and mental health of your family and staff members.
Understanding fleas and control strategies is essential to a successful outcome so always take professional advice where possible.
How do you identify a Flea infestation?
Fleas are notoriously difficult to spot, but here’s a few tips to help you get a positive I.D..
- Fleas are brown, reddish/brown or black, wingless and have flat bodies.
- They are able to jump as high as 30cm
- Fleas measure between 1.5mm to 4mm
- Family members, staff or customers present with bites.
- Pets seen scratching, licking or biting themselves more.
- Black,brown or white flecks in your pets coat. The darker flecks are flea dirt and the whiter ones are flea eggs.
- Allergic reaction on your pets skin.
- A severe infestation may result in your pet becoming anaemic due to the fleas extracting blood from them. If this is the case Landguard recommends you consult your vet ASAP.
- Check in carpets, rugs, furniture and bedding for the fleas.
How do Fleas get into your property?
You do not have to have pets to get fleas, they can be picked up from anywhere and brought back on your clothes. As long as they have somewhere to breed and something to feed on they will survive.
What do you do if you have a Flea infestation?
You ideally need to get on top of the problem ASAP.
The best way to treat a Flea problem is to enlist the help of a professional pest controller. We will be able to advise you on the best course of action, for your family, business, reputation, employees and customers health.
For a FREE no obligation quote, please call the team today.
Landguard Ltd will -.
- Prevent contamination and disease.
- Protect investments.
- Help you meet your legal requirements.
- Safeguard your reputation.
- Provide child and pet friendly solutions
- Book an appointment time to suit you
- Employ fully insured and qualified technicians
- Utilize professional products