Agricultural Pest Management
At LANDGUARD Ltd we understand the importance of preserving the land, buildings and business you and your family have worked so hard to establish.
In addition, with increasing legislative requirements, it is expected that all farms and estates show due diligence and attempt to be as pest free as possible. The land based sector of LANDGUARD Ltd pest control was created to meet these challenges with the experience, fast response times and pricing structure to beat our major competitors.
“We’re a Wharfedale based pest control provider originally from a farming and gamekeeping background and experienced in the rural environment”
As a land owner you may already be aware that the kind of bureaucracy which is often imposed upon our sector has now spread to the use of rodenticides. To help further ensure the implementation of rodenticide stewardship across the industry, new requirements came into force on 1 January 2018 for farmers and estate managers wanting to purchase professional rodenticides. From the new year you have had to prove you are part of a compliant assurance scheme, or that you have completed an approved training course.
It’s OUR business to…
- Prevent contamination, damage & disease
- Protect investments
- Help you meet your legal requirements
- Safeguard your reputation and allow you to get on with what your good at…
Farmers and estate workers outside the approved assurance schemes now have three rodenticide use options:
- Take a training course and show the certificate when purchasing rodenticide (with more expected courses to follow)
- Employ a certified professional pest controller.
- Use rodenticide products authorized for amateur use (a.k.a free food!)
After the initial survey and set up, a locally based LANDGUARD technician will visit on a regular schedule, working independently and expertly, saving you time and giving you complete peace of mind that things are getting dealt with professionally.
Professional methods for all pest species including Mice, Rats, Foxes, Squirrels, Moles, Insects (including wasps, flies, moths, beetles, cockroaches, fleas, ants and bees etc.) and Birds.
Our service options –
- One-off treatments.
- Service contracts giving on-going protection & compliance for your business with current Regulations.
- Pest proofing including Fly screens and Bird proofing.
- Supply & Maintenance of pest control equipment including Fly Killing Units.
- Professional weed control on your land and around your buildings.
Our agricultural and estate customers have the advantage of 10% off any one-off treatment when used in conjunction with an on-going contract.
We will produce advisory documentation and free consultation for you and your staff – helping in the understanding and instigation of pest prevention measures, such as improved housekeeping and up to date advice on products and control strategies.
LANDGUARD Ltd is fully insured and our technicians are trained and qualified to the highest industry standards in Pest Control – Including a BSc, N.D. in Game Keeping, BPCA Level 2 in Pest Control, Deer Management Qualification (DMQ) and various vocational qualifications including NPTC PA1, PA6 (knapsack) spraying, Safe use of Aluminium Phosphide and firearm certification..